Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Friday, April 27, 2012

Weekend Fun

Two things on my weekend planner: a trip to the Antique Trove for their "yard sale" and a visit at the Mad Imports warehouse to see what treasures I might find! I'll start with ...

  Mad Imports


Mad Hatter - a popular shopping spot
This business is like a traveling french flea market. I first encountered MAD at Sacramento's Home and Garden show in January. Fun, fun stuff! They do lots of shows and then they have warehouse sales as well.

red bird
At the January show, I bought myself a charming (made in China) tray with this cute red birdie detail and grabbed their shop info. Turns out they're only at their warehouse every other weekend. I've been there once and bought an iron trowel door knocker (better get myself a good old garden door to attach it to). Here's their location and schedule info thru June. After that, I don't know. Maybe they go to Paris for the summer?

April 28 and 29
May 12 and 13
May 26 and 27
June 9 and 10
June 23 and 24
Sat hours 8 am to 4pm
Sun hours 10 am to 2 pm
1115 Fee Drive (close to Arden Fair Shopping Center, off of Hwy 160)
Sacramento, CA 95815
916-599-0600

Mad Imports End-of-the-Day Update

Here's what really caught my eye...

Nice potting bench, made by a retired gentleman in the East Bay out of recycled materials (notice the pvc tubing in the lower right corner of the picture. It connects up to a garden hose and the spigot works. A potting bench that has water = Good Thing! $110

 How's this for a girly vignette? I love the dress frame. I think'll be returning tomorrow to pick up a red one. Only $7 and I can train some creeping fig on it. Nifty, heh?

I'm also tempted by this garden swing. It's a nice 2-person size and it's comfortable. I think for the right person, this would be a most favorite thing. $280.

Antique Village Grand Opening and Yard Sale

My other adventure will be to the Antique Trove in Roseville.   This is my favorite antique store ... lots of garden worthy items both inside and out! They've added a lot of shops to their Garden Terrace, and I want to see what they've got!


Tunisian Window Grate
I bought this for my niece for Christmas... it's really, really heavy (made of iron)!




hand-made rustic divider
Something I liked, but didn't buy ... darn ...this hand-made divider would make a great trellis (or 3 great trellises).



California Days, Moroccan Nights Garden Display
Antique Trove loaned me this antique spanish day bed and the polish gates in the right corner for my California Days, Moroccan Nights garden display in 2010. I love the elements in this picture ... the antiques, the parasoleil copper panels, the birdcage from High Hand Nursery, the handcrafted hanging metal lights. 

Need a Shopping Buddy? Give Me a Call!

Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment