Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Saturday, March 09, 2013

...first nursery impulse shopping trip of the year

Are you like me? Weather warms up, and you feel the urge to GO BUY PLANTS?!? After a lovely day with the Sacramento Master Gardeners and their "Edible Landscape" workshop, I can't help myself. I have a thought, "I'll just run by Talini's!" It amazes me how a little 4" pot can bring such pleasure! Here's what I get: 






 Seems like we'll be having some orange in our yard!!! Tomorrow I'll get them in the ground and throw in some seeds for good measure. The poppies are spring bloomers, the nasturtium and cheiranthus will bloom all summer ...

Talini's  is a great little family-owned nursery on Folsom Blvd in East Sacramento. Besides its heirloom veg and charming chicken coops, it also carries Annie's Annuals (all of these pictures are from her website). Not her entire catalogue, but they do order regularly, and I found out today they keep a request log! Here's what I have on order:


Well (sigh) ... that's about it. Just wanted to share!

Happy Spring


Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help!
Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment