Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I was born on my dad's birthday. So, that made it mine, too. The night before I was born my parents had dinner with friends. The hostess served a birthday cake. They only ate the part that had "day" on it, leaving "Happy Birth..." intact. The next morning I was born. It was our birthday. It was our cake.


Last year I wrote a bit about my dad the gardener,  Remembering Dad. This year I wanted to include a silly story. My dad could be grumpy. But I could charm him out of it. I was his twin. One of my ways of doing this was to play the piano ... especially, Rockabye Your Baby With a Dixie Melody, made popular by Al Jolson in the days of the black-face and the talkies. My dad would arise out of his bad mood, come over by the piano and go down on one knee... "...rockabye your baby with a Dixie melody, when you croon, croon a tune, from the heart of Dixie..." Love you dad, this is for you!

Happy Father's Day Everyone!

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment