Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Friday, January 28, 2011

To Cal Expo for the Home and Landscape Show!

Lest forget ... here's a 2 for 1 savings from the Sacramento Bee for this weekend's show!
Northern California Home and Landscape Show
I'm excited about this weekend's Northern California Home and Landscape Show. Having done a garden display for last year's inaugural, California State Flower and Garden Show, I have enormous appreciation of the work that goes into creating the landscape showcase gardens. Having cozied up with various merchants at the show, I know what it takes for them to arrive, set up, and involve their businesses in these ventures. I'm a backstage baby, I love knowing what goes on on the other side of the curtain!


Robert Walker Landscape Design

So, tomorrow I plan to attend. I won't see it all, cuz that wears me out, but I will see the 3 featured gardens and attend a couple of workshops. Absolutely! One of the garden displays will feature the parasoleil panels of my friend, Theodora of Living Green Landscape Design. Theodora and I worked together last year, and plan to encore that this year. I love her stuff! She's working with Roberta Walker who is known for her drought tolerant landscapes. (I'm also looking forward to Roberta's  talk at 4 o'clock, Lush Gardens Using Low Water.)  I'm eager to see Verde Creations' garden, as well, and its many water-wise features: "...drought tolerant plants to save water, permeable surfaces to recharge ground water and reduce run-off, and efficient irrigation practices." The third garden is by ProScapes Landscape and Design.Their design looks charming. That's all I can say so far! My final activity (or perhaps first, depending on what time I arrive) is Michael Glassman's talk at 2, Add Instant Curb Appeal, Focus on the Front Porch. Since I have a huge interest in revitalizing our front yards, especially in a "green" way, I'll be taking lots of notes, believe me! I don't think I'll be able to make it for this one, but, my other recommendation would be the Sacramento Bee's, Debbie Arrington's talk on roses, Sacramento Roses 101: Everything You Need to Know to Grow Great Roses.

That's my Saturday plan. Theodora's spending the night at my house (yea) so we'll be a-buzz about all things gardening. And, perhaps, a glass of wine, or two?

Spending next week pruning dormant roses ... gotta be done. Need any help with yours?

Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help!
Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment