Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Virtual Wine Tasting with the Bee's Chris Macias

Hi! This is a new thing for me! As you may (or may not) know, I'm part of a group of local bloggers and media types that are part of Sac Connect, an online collaboration, hosted by the Sacramento Bee. It's a new thing for the newspaper, too. It's fun to be part of something that's being created, part of the trial and error, at that malleable stage where input is listened too and you get to be part of the discovery.

Tonight I attended a get-together where we got to meet in person ... bloggers of many persuasions and a whole lot of Bee staff. We had nice wine and food and talked (about ourselves, always fun!) We all went home with a bottle of Zin from Revolution Wines, the urban winery and tasting room that hosted our event. This is my bottle, and my glasss of grapefruit juice ;)

It is thus, in the spirit of cooperation, that I (or my computer) will co-host (sort of) the live virtual wine tasting event tomorrow evening from 6 - 7 pm. The virtual part is I may not be here and if I am, grapefruit juice will be served. This is an experiment for the Bee, (and for me. Who knows, maybe someday I'll host a virtual event of my own ... perhaps virtual snacking? I'll have chips and ice cream from the carton and you can watch!) Seriously though, come on by tomorrow evening while Chris and 3 guests will be sipping and commenting on 3 CA Fair medal winners. If you have the time (and inclination), pick up the wines and taste along with these local wine experts. To find out more, click here. (Note: you can watch on the Sac Bee site or on my site, but, tell me the truth, wouldn't you rather drink wine over at Geno's?)



No comments:

Post a Comment