Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Pin of the Day: OMG it's a Great-Tailed Gackle!

Birds are a part of our gardens ... along with the motion of the grasses, the bees going end up in their hunt for pollen, and sometimes, even, the neighbor's tape of "Does the Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?" wafting its way over the fence (seriously). Most of the time I like the quiet sounds best, but if a Great-Tailed Gackle came to visit ... well that's another story. He'd probably wear out his welcome after a bit, but highly entertaining in small doses!

Note: this photo is from my "Things with Wings" Pinterest Board. It links to a wonderful site on bird identification, including how they sound, which is a huge part of the above bird's allure! If you haven't discovered Pinterest, check it out! I love it. A place for all the wonderful pictures, recipes and how-to's I find on the web and a place to share some of my own. If you want an invite to join (at this stage, an invite is what you need), let me know and I'll shoot you one.

Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment