Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Green Garden: Going Green

This month is going to be a green one here at Geno's Garden. I'm taking a green gardener class for landscape pros offered by our local water agency and will be passing along what I'm learning about mulching, irrigation, choosing the "right plant for the right place" and more. Last weekend I attended an edible gardening event, featuring Rosalind Creasy who has written lots of books on this subject. Stay tuned for some interesting ideas about getting kids interested in gardening and her adventures with edible front yard gardens. I do believe the suburban landscape I grew up with (front lawn, foundation shrubs and a large tree) is on its way out. Join me as we explore what will be taking its place. Jeannie


Our new puppy, Squid, happy on an astro-turf lawn...do you think this is in your future!?!


Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com. For more information on our services, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment