Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Green Gardener: You Take What You Have

a Flora Grub bouquet
A while ago, a blogger I admire in Sweden (Tyra in Vaxholm) posted a saying from an old Swedish cookbook, "Man tager vad man haver". I'm keen on Swedish stuff, so it caught my fancy and the saying is now on my fridge. I thought of that while looking at the gorgeous Thanksgiving centerpieces at Flora Grubb Gardens. While I do not have much of the plant material used in these masterpieces, I have some, and in the picture above, I have the strawberry tree, Arbutus unido, branches that lean outwards on either side, I have a Scarlet Oak, Quercus coccinea, which looks close to those beautiful red leaves, I might even have some hydrangea. But, rather than copying, I can go explore, and "take what I have."

(here's the link to Tyra's post...Man tager vad man haver.)


Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com. For more information on our services, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment