Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Green Gardener: Vegetarian Thanksgiving - Greens!

I'm learning to cook some really great vegetarian meals... and using the produce in my CSA boxes for inspiration. Today's recipe makes great use of my new-found favorite vegetable, greens (which grow well in the winter garden). If you're having vegetarian guests at your table tomorrow, this recipe is quick, fast, and great!
martha's pasta

The recipe is from Martha Stewart ... she uses onions, I don't ... I add pecans, she doesn't ... she uses escarole, I use whatever greens I have! Other than those differences, both are great.

WHOLE WHEAT SPAGHETTI W/ ESCAROLE AND GORGONZOLA
(Serves 4)
coarse salt and ground pepper
8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
3 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium heads escarole (12 ounces each), ends trimmed, leaves cut crosswise into bite-size pieces, washed (but not dried)
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (1 cup)

... now head on over to Martha's for the rest of the story!

Tomorrow will be Sweet Potato Gnocchi Day... with two different treatments, Gorgonzola Cream Sauce and Spinach and Mushrooms.


Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com. For more information on our services, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment