Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Green Gardener: Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Year! Happy Families!
Happy Prosperity!

Sunset Mag's Sweet Potato Gnocchi
SWEET-POTATO GNOCCHI with MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH

The Ingredients:
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
3 pounds orange-flesh sweet potatoes (often labeled "yams"), boiled until tender, peeled, and flesh puréed
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
About 3 cups flour

The Directions...now, over to Sunset Magazine for the rest of it, but before you go, here's my pictorial tutorial:

The gnocchi "rope"...


The gnocchi cut into 1" pieces (I froze some...so, now I can Gnocchi whenever I want!)


The gnocchi boil until they rise to the top of water...


I also in my recent Gnocchi-mania, found and tried a recipe for Pumpkin Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Sauce! Tried it with some of my frozen gnocchi! Yea, I'm good.

Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com. For more information on our services, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment