One of the benefits to green gardening, is reduced maintenance...less pruning, less mowing, less fighting diseases and pests...more opportunity to have that day of rest. Well, I'm not there quite yet, and have garden chores awaiting me. But, here's my "what could be" list:
- an outdoor natural firepit area for my family to enjoy
- a water feature with a loud trickle, to block out the nearby freeway noises
- a shrubby perimeter to my backyard to make the space feel apart from elsewhere.
- veggies, of course
- a solution to the ultra-hot Sacramento summers
- a place to putter in the winter months
- a dedicated doggy doo-doo spot!
- a lawn-free landscape (almost there!)
- a garden that allows me to be at rest