Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Sunday, November 08, 2009

The Green Gardener: a day of rest

Sunset Magazine
Everyone needs a day of rest...a mini-vacation from the tasks and worries of life...the chance to get exterior to what is, and imagine what could be. And, so, the gardener needs this as well.
One of the benefits to green gardening, is reduced maintenance...less pruning, less mowing, less fighting diseases and pests...more opportunity to have that day of rest. Well, I'm not there quite yet, and have garden chores awaiting me. But, here's my "what could be" list:
  • an outdoor natural firepit area for my family to enjoy
  • a water feature with a loud trickle, to block out the nearby freeway noises
  • a shrubby perimeter to my backyard to make the space feel apart from elsewhere.
  • veggies, of course
  • a solution to the ultra-hot Sacramento summers
  • a place to putter in the winter months
  • a dedicated doggy doo-doo spot!
  • a lawn-free landscape (almost there!)
  • a garden that allows me to be at rest
The thing I love about garden design is the creation of a world that isn't there yet. The more I work on it, the more everything seems to fall in place...it all becomes righter and more real. It becomes a vision that's attainable. And, it all starts with the question, "how would I really like things to be?"
above ground pond at Fair Oaks Blvd. Nursery in Sacramento


Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com. For more information on our services, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment