Smart & Sustainable, Green Garden Design, Coaching & Seasonal Maintenance


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Green Gardener: Is your garden water running down the street?

Prior to starting my Green Gardening (aka "River-Friendly Landscaping") class, I thought the problem with water run-off was that it was simply a waste of water. Now I'm just beginning to understand that keeping the water on the landscape and out of the gutter allows the soil to filter out pollutants before the water reaches the watershed or the underground aquifers (basically natural storage spaces for water). Allowing the soil to do its job and reducing the amount of chemical pesticides and insecticides used in our gardens, can significantly improve our river water quality.

I'm a beginner...if you have any suggestions or ideas to contribute, let me know!


Whether you need garden design, coaching, seasonal maintenance or planting, Geno's Garden can help! Call me at (916) 764-5243, or email hansonja@aol.com. For more information on our services, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment